Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Love the snow!

Southeast Michigan is getting dumped on. At first it was raining, then sleet, and then came the snow. And it is still coming down.

Now whenever Presley sees snow, she thinks it's time to wrestle with the shovel. While I was eating dinner, she was very agitated and excited. I knew exactly what she was thinking. She wanted to go bark at the shovel. So I bundled up and into the snow we went.

Presley made a beeline for the shovel and knocked it off its peg near the porch. I tried to grab it from her, but then Diesel got a hold of it. Before I knew it, I had the handle and the girls had the head of the shovel. Then the head of the shovel popped right off. Presley and Diesel ran around the yard with it for a few minutes before I could finally get it away from them.

While I reattached the handle, Diesel took off to play with her ball, but Presley really wanted to get that shovel again. I let her bark and bite at it a few more times, then we all turned our attention to Diesel's ball.

Usually Diesel is pretty possessive over her ball, but somehow Presley was able to position herself over it, so Diesel backed off. Presley pushed the ball around with her front leg and her mouth, barking and growling with glee the whole time. I kicked it away a little, but she quickly huddled over it again, shielding it from the other girls.

Finally Diesel got her body over the ball, then picked it up and ran. So we all ran after her. Presley was able to keep right up with Diesel. Of course, Bristol wasn't far behind. Bristol doesn't really know why everyone is running or barking, but she doesn't care. She just does it because her big sisters are doing it.

Sometimes the girls get so loud with the barking when they play. I'm not sure what the neighbors think, but so far they haven't complained.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE reading about the girls playing like this. I miss them soooo much and reading this puts a smile on my face because I can picture them barking at the shovel, playing, and romping in the snow very playfully and it makes me happy.