Monday, January 7, 2008

Aunt Nikki to the Rescue

Greetings from Las Vegas. I'm out of town for work this week and Scott is working most of the week at Cobo for Auto Show. Luckily Scott's sister Nikki is able to go to the house to take care of the girls for a few hours each day. Presley and Diesel would be fine, but Bristol really can't be in her crate for more than 8 hours at a time.

I just talked to Nikki on the phone and she said the girls were taking a rest after playing and wrestling. When she first got there, at first they were all barking at each other and she wasn't sure what to do.

I told her if they look like they are agitated or if the barking is simply too much to bare, then she should stand right in front of them and tell them "no". In most cases, it's Presley who gets agitated by Diesel and Bristol while they are playing. So she may have to be stern with Presley and show her who's boss.

Earlier Nikki gave the girls some bones that I had stuffed with peanut butter and put in the freezer a couple days ago. I also added a little shot of Cheez Whiz, so they should be pretty tasty.

I am so relieved that Nikki could stop in each day to watch the girls. We looked into doggy daycare, but the hours did not mesh with Scott's work schedule. Plus, I'm not sure if it would have been too much for Presley. She doesn't like to play with other dogs too much.

No comments: