Saturday, January 12, 2008

Leg Pain, Lumps

Presley's rear left leg is really bothering her. Today when I got home from running errands, all the girls went outside to go potty. When we all got into the house, Presley tried to lay down on the living room floor and began yelping. She looked like she was in a lot of pain and she looked scared.

I helped her stand up and she leaned against the couch holding up her left rear leg slightly. I then helped her into the bedroom so she could lay down on her cushy bed. She was very hesitant to lay down because something obviously hurts. She finally settled down without yelping. I gently rubbed her leg and felt two very hard lumps near her hip, which I don't remember feeling before. But she is so lumpy all over that I can't be sure they weren't there before.

I gave her a Deramaxx to ease the pain and a Pepcid to offset a possible upset stomach. For about 15 minutes, I kept petting her and talking to her until she fell asleep.

About a half hour ago I checked on her. She looked alert and comfortable, but she did not want to get out of bed so I didn't push her. All the girls are sleeping now but they are going to be up soon either because they are ready for dinner or because Scott will be home soon from work.

The Deramaxx made her really sick before, so this is not a long-term solution. We're probably going to have to take her to OVRS for x-rays and/or blood tests. I don't have a warm, fuzzy feeling about this.

No comments: