Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

The pup had Presley, Diesel and me up pretty early this morning, while Scott slept in for a bit. She is a bundle of energy and loves to play with her new sisters, but they are not used to so much activity. By late morning, we were all beat, but the pup just wouldn't stop. After Scott got up, he played with the pup in the living room while I took Presley and Diesel with me into the bedroom for a mid-morning nap.

At one point during our nap, I heard Presley moving around the bedroom. I can easily hear her now because she kinda hops when she walks. I heard her go into the pup's crate, grab the pup's bone, then return to her spot on the side of my bed. She chewed on the bone for a few seconds, then went back to sleep.

A little while later, I heard Presley moving around the room again. Once again she went into the pup's crate, but this time she laid down and fell asleep in the crate. It was the cutest thing to see her curled up in there.

The crate is actually the perfect size for Presley. She probably felt really cozy in there, just like when she herself was a young pup. As she got older and more trustworthy when on her own, we eventually abandoned the crate. Apparently she missed having a little den to call her own.

Our family sure has a lot to be thankful for. Although dealing with Presley's cancer was hard at first, she now seems happy and pain free. I almost forget she has cancer.

For awhile, I have been questioning whether or not I made the right decision to have her leg amputated and to discontinue the chemo. But to see her the last couple days playing with her sisters and smiling that beautiful Rottweiler smile, I feel better about those decisions.

This whole ordeal has made me thankful for every day I get to spend with my little pack. Yes, life is good.

No comments: