Sunday, November 25, 2007

Up all night

Last night, Presley kept me up almost all night. She woke me up at 2:30AM and kept me up until about 6AM by moaning and whining. I think her tummy was upset because I could hear and feel it gurgling. And of course she had gas. I'm not sure what she ate that would make her tummy so upset.

Several times throughout the night I let her outside to go potty. I also rubbed her belly, scratched her back, patted her head, and cuddled with her, but every time I went back to bed, she'd moan again. At one point, I turned on some college football on the TV for her, but even that didn't work. And she loves to watch football. Nothing would pacify her.

It seemed like she was seeing things that weren't there. She'd look off into the other room but there was nothing there. I think her eyesight may be going. It's possible she could have cataracts. Her pupils kinda look cloudy and her right eye especially has had some very thick goop in it a couple times.

She ate breakfast like a champ and later in the morning, she hung out with Papa in the office. In the afternoon she played with her sisters in the house and in the yard, went for a walk wearing her new harness, and visited with our neighbor Bob. Her favorite part of the day was when her Daddy and Carrie came over to play and visit with her. She had a huge smile on her face the whole time Steve was here.

After all of this activity, she was pretty wiped out. Since dinner she's been sleeping almost the whole evening. She played a little bit with Diesel and Bristol, but then she went right back to sleep. I hope this continues throughout the night. I need to get some rest!

Tomorrow I am going to talk to Dr. Bannink about Presley's supplements. As of Friday, OVRS hadn't received the order for her Vitamin D3. I don't think she needs to take additional Vitamin A because I checked the label on her kibble and it already contains the recommended dosage. She needs a new bottle of CAS Options and DHA (instead of Super EPA -- fish oil). I hope the DHA works as well as the Super EPA. Her coat is so shiny and virtually no shedding.

Scott made an interesting observation the other day. He always lets Presley give him lots of kisses on his face and he noticed that Presley's breath does not stink like it had before she had surgery. He thinks her fresh breath has something to do with the tumor being removed. He could be right. Maybe it was her body's way of telling us that something was not right.

No comments: