Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Not feeling well

Presley had a strange night last night. At one point, she was really restless and her ears felt really hot, her nose was dripping and hot, and her paws felt hot, but she was shivering a little bit. I thought she was going to throw up again so I grabbed a towel and put it in front of her. Then I laid down next to her and tried to console her. After a few minutes, she wanted to go outside. I couldn't see what she was doing because it was so dark.

When the girls came back in the house, Presley went into the bedroom to sleep. Diesel crashed on the bed in the living room. A little while later, Presley came into the living room and looked pissed that Diesel was on "her" bed. Instead of kicking Diesel off the bed, I dragged in another bed from the spare bedroom. Now it was a game of musical beds. Diesel decided she wanted this bed instead and Presley gladly laid on the original bed.

It was really cute to see the girls sleeping so close to each other. Diesel has tried to cuddle with Presley since day one, but usually Presley doesn't tolerate this closeness. Last night, Diesel kept scooching closer and closer to Presley as they slept side-by-side on their beds. At one point, Diesel event put her head on Presley's front paw and fell asleep. It was so precious.

After checking on Presley throughout the evening, I finally went to bed at about 3AM. Presley slept through the night but she wouldn't eat breakfast. Then she woke me up moaning and whining several times after breakfast. I finally got up at 9:15AM.

She laid low all day but when I was getting ready to take Diesel for a walk, Presley looked like she wanted to come. So I took both of the girls down the street only a couple houses, then brought Presley back home.

Presley only ate a couple morsels of her dinner. I gave her another Metoclopramide with a pill pocket for nausea and she's been sleeping ever since.

We have an appointment at OVRS in the morning to check her CBC. I'd like them to take her temperature to see if she has a fever and hopefully they can shed some light as to what is going on.

No comments: