Monday, November 5, 2007

Upset tummy?

Scott had to go out of town for the next couple days. So last night, he built a ramp so I could easily get Presley in and out of the Jeep. She has a doctor's appointment on Wednesday and I can't lift her out of the Jeep. We can't let her jump out any more because it puts too much strain on her front leg.

While Presley was practicing last night on her new ramp, Diesel jumped in front of her and Presley slipped and tumbled down the ramp. She looked really scared when she was trying to get up. It broke my heart to see her struggle to get up.

We had her use the ramp one more time (without Diesel underfoot) to show her that she could do it. She successfully went up and down without incident but I asked Scott to add some treads to the ramp because the surface was quite slippery.

While Scott was working on the ramp in the garage, the girls and I went in the house. I was cuddling with Presley on the floor when I noticed that she had scraped her back leg during the fall. Her leg happened to be shaved in that exact spot from the chemo session. I cleaned the scrape with some hydrogen peroxide and wrapped her leg in some gauze because I didn't want her to lick the scrape.

Later in the night while we were in bed, Presley woke me up several times. I would get her settled in, but a little while later she would wake me up again. I wasn't sure what was wrong. I thought maybe she was sore from the fall but I just wasn't sure. This morning she did not want to eat breakfast at all. She just went back to bed and she was mellow all day.

I took Diesel for a walk in the early afternoon but Presley wasn't too interested in going outside. I finally got her to go out to go potty and she pooped all over the yard.

I took the girls with me to run some errands and both girls successfully used the ramp to get into the Jeep. At first Presley was really hesitant to use it. So I supported her body as she went up.

When we got back from running errands, we all stayed in the house. It was getting cold and blustery, then it started raining.

The girls both heartily ate their dinners but about an hour ago, Presley threw up. It was mostly bile. I gave her some meds for nausea/vomiting with a couple treats. I'll definitely give her another pill later tonight.

No comments: