Sunday, October 28, 2007

Couch Potato

Presley has been feeling pretty good the last couple days. Friday night she threw up a couple times, which almost made me throw up. The smell was so nasty, probably from the chemo. It was like a pot roast that had gone bad. Hot, chunky, sour. Blah!

On Saturday, she ate well and took her meds. So I thought she was up for a little walk with her sister. Well, they almost pulled me over! Our neighbor John came out to say hello and the girls tried to take off to greet him. Somehow I got turned around and was running backyards so I had to let Diesel go. Presley was still pulling so hard, I almost ended up on my ass. Guess I won't be walking them together anymore.

It's a gorgeous Sunday afternoon today. Crisp fall day. I tried to rake the backyard but it was very difficult because Presley kept trying to bite the rake. I instructed her to "stay" in one spot at the opposite end of the yard so I could keep raking, but she would race (not hop, but run) across the yard to bark at the rake. Finally, she got pooped out and had to rest.

After a few minutes, she went to the back of the yard and did some digging. She figured that out in no time.

We then head back into the house so I could take a shower. When I got out of the bathroom, there was Presley curled up on the couch in the spare bedroom. I sternly told her to "get down" and she took her sweet old time getting off the couch.

She was mad at me for making her move and she went into our bedroom behind the bed to pout. Too bad. She really shouldn't be up on anything that she has to jump down from because it puts so much pressure on her good front leg.

No way! I just looked into the spare bedroom and there she is -- on the couch again! She is so stubborn.

No comments: