Friday, October 26, 2007

Tired today

Presley has been very tired today. She may have done too much yesterday and I think her tummy is still bugging her. She barely ate any breakfast and I wasn't able to give her any meds this morning.

In the afternoon, I gave her a new pill (to help ease nausea) by hiding it in the pill pocket but I had to alternate a pill pocket with a regular treat. At first she turned her nose up at the treat and put her head down. So I put the treat right in front of her nose and she couldn't resist.

At dinnertime, she ate all of her kibble (half from the bowl, half I had to hand feed) and I've had to get very creative giving her the meds. When Scott makes pill pockets, he drills holes into the soft treats and keeps the leftover "dust". I used this dust to coat a few of the pills and Presley gulped them down. After she eats the treats and pills, I always cheer her on and give her praise. Of course, Diesel is right there waiting for her treats and praise.

Presley is still coughing a little bit but it seems to be getting better. Diesel has barely coughed today. Scott and I are pretty angry that the girls got kennel cough from OVRS. Dr. S mentioned that a few of the staffers at OVRS said their dogs also got kennel cough from being at the clinic. The staff is allowed to bring their pets to work, which is cool, except when they pass colds on to each other.

No comments: