Saturday, October 20, 2007

Kennel Cough

From everything I've read, I think Presley and Diesel have kennel cough. All of the web sites say to let it run its course, unless the coughing is severe, which it is not at all. The sites all say to treat it like we treat a cold in humans. You can treat the symptoms but you can't cure the cough. Of course, both OVRS and Nine-Tel Animal Hospital say I should bring the girls in for evaluation and maybe antibiotics.

However, I can't take them in right now because Scott has the van today, and Diesel. I think we'll wait until Monday, or maybe even Wednesday when we go to OVRS for suture removal and chemo. I hate running to the doctor every time the girls have a sniffle.

Presley is still acting weird in the morning. She wouldn't get out of bed again. In fact, Scott carried her outside this morning to go potty, but then she ate her breakfast and took her meds. She has always been very stubborn but this is getting out of hand.

Maybe she's in pain from the surgery, or perhaps she's not feeling well from the kennel cough, or she could be depressed. It's so frustrating. I wish she could just tell me what's going on.

No comments: