Friday, October 12, 2007

Presley's Recovery - October 10-11, 2007

As Presley recovers in the hospital, here is the update...

10:52PM - The night after her surgery
I called OVRS before going to bed and spoke to a tech, who seemed very rushed. Presley's temp came back up to normal. She ate at 6PM, which is strange because when I called at 7PM-ish, she hadn't eaten yet. Presley has been outside but has not gone potty yet. The techs help Presley outside with a sling to support her. When I asked if Presley has been sleeping all night, she said she has been alert and is "looking right at me." She said to call back tomorrow morning for an update.

11:08AM - The morning after surgery
I spoke to Chante. Presley has not tinkled yet, so they cannot discharge her from the hospital. She said to call again after 3PM to see if Presley has gone potty. She said Presley is comfortable, awake, calm. Just chillin'. Sounds about right. The techs have gotten her up with support. (Sidebar: Later in the day, my sister Jennifer called and said she had a similar situation when she had surgery last month. They wouldn't let her go home until she tinkled. That made me feel better to hear that this is not unusual.)

3:55PM
I spoke to Carly who said that Presley went potty. She wanted to talk to Dr. Riggs to confirm whether Presley would be allowed to go home or not.

4:04PM
Carly called me back and said that Dr. Riggs wanted to keep Presley for one more night to keep an eye on her. They want to keep an eye on her for one more night and make sure she is well enough. She said to call tomorrow after 10AM to see when she can come home. She said I can call anytime tonight for an update. Or if I wanted to visit tonight, just give a call first to let them know I'm coming. I'm not sure if I should visit. I'm very nervous about how Presley is going to look and I don't want her to feel sad when I have to leave. I also don't want to feel sad when I leave her again. Hmmmm. Not sure what to do.

10:00PM
Scott called OVRS and they said Presley is comfortable. She has tinkled but no bowel movement yet, which isn't unusual. We decided not to go visit her. I think it would be too sad to see her and then leave without her. Sad for me and sad for her.

No comments: