Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Quiet and calm today

Not much to report today. Presley slept pretty well last night, only waking me up three or four times. A couple times, she must have been rolling over or moving in her sleep, because she yelped in pain a couple times. I think she forgets that she's recovering from surgery.

Presley was very comfortable all day. For most of the afternoon, she sat on her bed in the living room staring at me while I worked on the computer. Very quiet and still. She's more alert and has been sitting up more than she has in the past few days.

We went outside for a few minutes this afternoon (between rain drops) and she sat in her spot in the yard where she likes to dig. As soon as her stitches are out and she's up for it, I'm going to encourage her to "get to work". She loves to dig and I'll bet she figures out a way to do it again.

Presley has been handling the ramp again like a pro. She still tries to go up the steps but we've been able to intercept her before she hits the first step. Again, I think she forgets she's recovering from major surgery.

Here is a post-op photo of Presley. She's a little drugged out but she's definitely smiling. Enjoy!

No comments: