Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Fidgety by night, calm by day

Presley had a fidgety night again. She hasn't wanted to sleep on her bed lately. So last night, I left her sleeping on her cushion in the living room with the light on and I went to bed -- I don't think she likes the dark because she just sits and stares off into space, or she gets up and investigates things.

Soon after I fell asleep, I heard her come into the bedroom. She settled in to sleep next to Diesel's bed (Diesel wasn't in her bed at that point; Diesel likes to start the night off on the floor next to my side of the bed). Then about an hour later, I wake up because Presley is whining to get my attention. I hop out of bed and get her settled. Then a little later, she's moving around the room. I get her settled again. Then about 15 minutes later, she yelps in pain and I find her next to our bed on Scott's side.

I coaxed her into the spare bedroom and got her settled on her cushion, while I laid on the couch. She woke me up a couple more times in the night but mostly because she was repositioning herself on the cushion. I think she sleeps better when she can keep an eye on me. I know I sleep better when I have her in my sights.

We all slept in until 7:30AM. The girls went potty, ate breakfast, Presley had her meds, then we all went back to sleep in the bedroom.

Later in the morning, Scott took Diesel to his parents for the day. Presley and I slept in until almost noon. All day Presley has been very quiet and calm. And she really does not want to go outside. Today was a gorgeous day and I couldn't even bribe herwith treats to go out. For the most part, she hung out in the bedroom or behind the couch. Not always sleeping. Just hanging out.

Scott's mom visited for a few minutes and Presley seemed to enjoy the company. But she wouldn't give any kisses.

After dinner and more meds, she retreated to the bedroom, where she is right now. The worst part about her sleeping all day is that she's up at night. So I have that to look forward to!

No comments: